Enhancing Mind-Body Health and Well-Being
Stress Management Solutions provides mindfulness classes in the Kalamazoo region to help individuals improve health, well-being and interpersonal harmony. Click here for a list of upcoming class offerings.
To learn about and practice mindfulness plan to attend one of our public drop-in classes:
1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 6 to 7 pm @ New Moon Books, 730 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo. For more information contact Eric email: StressManagementKazoo@gmail.com or call 269-553-6621. Donations accepted, $5 suggested to sustain this offering.
The answer is simple, mindfulness training has been tested in hundreds of research studies and found to be uniquely effective in improving overall health and well-being. Just like physical exercise, which strengthens the body, mindfulness exercise strengthens mind, emotion and body.
Who Practices Mindfulness?
Mindfulness training is now commonly used in such settings as: healthcare, psychotherapy, education, business and sports.
Mindfulness Meditation Defined
Mindfulness is the ability to be attentive to our moment to moment experience in a non-judgmental, non-reactive and kind manner. Instead of unconsciously reacting to life based on past habits and conditioning, mindfulness gives you the freedom to creatively respond to each from a fresh and creative perspective.
Mindfulness Training is shown through research to be uniquely effective in improving:
- Lowers levels of psychological distress including depression, stress and anxiety
- Improves immune function
- Lowers rates of health-related absenteeism and fewer hospital admissions
- Fosters overall sense of well-being and life satisfaction
- Develops stable self-esteem and less dependence on external rewards
- Increases empathy for self and other
- Improves awareness, understanding, and acceptance of emotions and more rapid recovery from bad moods
- Increases collaboration and ability to see other’s point of view
- Develops authentic communication
- Lessens likeliness to react defensively or aggressively when under threat
- Reduces workplace conflict
- Improves attention, performance, and job satisfaction
- Increases capacity to hold and manipulate information
- Lowers levels of impulsivity and distraction
Stress Management Solutions provides Mindfulness training to individuals and groups that help foster the following qualities:
- Self-Awareness – unbiased awareness of self
- Self-Regulation – ability to be aware of and regulate emotional response
- Self-Transcendence -positive relationship between self and other that transcends self-focused needs, improves interpersonal relationships and service to society
Core mindfulness practices include:
- Focused Attention Training – Concentration practice using body and breathing awareness
- Open Monitoring Training – Mindfulness practice working with feeling, emotions, thoughts and worldviews
- Emotional Enhancement Training– Kindness and compassion practice
To sample our training first hand visit one of our weekly drop-in classes, schedule a free presentations, or check out upcoming classes. If you have questions feel free to contact Eric Nelson at 269-553-6621 or EricVnelson1@gmail.com