Our classes are offered in the Kalamazoo region, to help individuals reduce stress, anxiety and depression and improve health, emotional balance, interpersonal relationships and overall well-being. Our classes use the latest research and training methods to ensure a high quality and effective learning experience.
Click on upcoming courses for list of current course offerings.
Complete List of Class offerings:
- Public Drop-In Classes 1st and 3rd Wednesday, click here for details
- Monthly Day Long Retreats held 4th Saturday of each month. Fee $35.
- Mindfulness Fundamentals – 6 -sessions. Fee $175.
- Mindful Emotional Balance – 8-sessions plus 1/2 day retreat. Fee $260.
- Compassion Living – 8-sessions, plus 1/2 day retreat. Fee $260.
- Individual Coaching – $40/hr.
Click here for contact information.
Over the past two-decades leading university and government research centers have conducted hundreds of clinical studies on mindfulness interventions (National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, and the National Institute of Health), and found mindfulness fosters significant positive change in individuals and organizations. Additionally three renowned research institutions, Harvard Pilgrim Health Center, Aetna International, and the Mental Health Foundation found that mindfulness training fosters the following benefits:
- Lower psychological distress related to depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Lower blood pressure and hypertension.
- Fewer health-related absences and fewer hospital admissions.
- Improved immune function.
- Reduced impulsivity and distractibility.
- Improved attention, performance, and job satisfaction.
- Increased capacity to hold and manipulate information.
- Better decision making and increased creativity.
- Greater awareness and acceptance of emotions with faster recovery from bad moods.
- More stable self-esteem and less dependence on external rewards.
- Less defensiveness when under threat which reduces conflict.
- Clearer more authentic communication and collaboration.
- Increased empathy for self and others and ability to see other’s point of view.
Organizations Providing Mindfulness Training
A sample of institutions currently using mindfulness include: Target, Bose, Procter & Gamble, Google, General Mills, eBay, Comcast, New Balance, Aetna International, Blue Cross, Kaiser Permanente, Sun Life Financial, Duke University, Cornell University, Stanford University, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, and hundreds of hospitals and clinics.