Eric Nelson is a mindfulness trainer for Stress Management Solutions with over 20 years of teaching experience.
Eric received his BA and MA in Social Psychology and Organizational Communication from Western Michigan University, and received mindfulness training from:
- University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Insight Dialogue, Metta Foundation
- Insight Meditation Society
- Dzogchen Center
Eric starting practicing mindfulness in 1973 and began teaching in 1986. He is the founder of Stress Management Solutions, an organization devoted to training individuals and organizations to maximize wellness, productivity, and interpersonal communication.
Eric served as a Program Officer for 22 years at the Fetzer Institute, in Kalamazoo, MI. He developed and managed programs in the US, Middle East, Asia and India, in the fields of Complementary Medicine, Contemplative Science, and Interfaith Dialogue. He worked with a wide range of exemplars including:
- Compassion Project – Karen Armstrong
- Interfaith Dialogue – HH the Dalai Lama
- Contemplative Mind in Society – Mirabai Bush
- Contemplative Neuroscience – Richard Davidson
- Elijah Interfaith Institute – Alon Goshen-Gottstein
- UMass Medical Center – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Positive Futures Network – Fran Korten