Mindful Emotional Balance, is an 8-week course that uses emotion theory and mindfulness-based techniques to help you manage difficult and challenging thoughts and feelings that cause pain and suffering in your life. You’ll learn to approach your thoughts and emotions with less judgement, understand their sources and learn to be more forgiving and kind toward yourself and others. Instead of trying to bury difficult thoughts and emotions or lashing out and hurting relationships, you’ll learn to cultivate emotional balance through the practices described in this workbook. Each 2 hour class uses presentations, experiential activities, group discussions and home practice assignments to support your learning experience.
This eight-week, 9-session class is offered 2-times a year in the Kalamazoo & Portage area and is based on the latest research and practice methods aimed at creating highly effective courses to foster health and well-being.
Click here to register.
Skills you learn:
- Mindfulness of thoughts, emotions and body
- Emotional awareness, balance and resilience
- Compassion and forgiveness for self and others
- Anger and fear management
- Reduced self-criticism
- Improved attention and concentration
- Increased kindness toward oneself and others
- Reduced occupational stress and burnout
- Greater emotional resilience
- Less anxiety and depression
The 8-week, 9-session class meets once a week and includes a Saturday practice intensive 9:30-3pm, mid-way through the course.
Our learning approach uses experiential activities, presentations and group discussions and includes a workbook and guided practice recordings.
Tuition is $260, includes workbook, guided practices and on-line resources.