Mindfulness Retreats are offered several times each year from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm. Time and dates to be announced soon. Click here for registration schedule.
This is a wonderful opportunity to either start or deepen your meditation practice. Past retreat participants have reported many benefits including a deepened experience of mindfulness and compassion, a renewed commitment to practice and a deep sense of rest, relaxation and healing.
Practicing in this Mini-Retreat group setting is highly beneficial to sustaining and deepening your practice. We look forward to seeing you at one of our retreats in the near future. Tuition $35.
The Mini-Retreats starts with a 30-minute overview of the three primary areas of practice i.e., self-awareness (attention training), self-regulation (open monitoring training), and self-compassion (heart training). The remainder of the day is spent in silence with guide practices that include:
- Body Scan
- Gentle stretching, either in a chair or on a mat
- 3-Step Breathing space for emotional health and balance
- Bare or open monitoring attention practice
- Compassion Practice
- Mindful Walking
- Mindful eating
- Brown bag lunch/ hot water and tea provided
- Optional: a yoga mat, cushion, blanket, and sweater. Chairs are provided for all practice sessions.
- If weather permits bring outdoor clothing to enjoy a walk along Portage Creek over your lunch break.
We meet on 22 rolling wooded acres on Portage Creek @ the Stryker Nature Preserve, 2315 Angling Road in Kalamazoo.